Understanding My Bill
As a courtesy, PathGroup will file a claim with your insurance company. Simply provide complete insurance information within 14 days by visiting the billing section or calling our patient billing customer service department at 1-877-456-6706.
Q: Who is PathGroup and why did I receive a bill?
A: PathGroup is an anatomic and clinical laboratory provider used by your Physician for laboratory testing and results. You have received a separate bill for the services performed by our lab which was ordered by your Physician.
Q: What methods of payment does PathGroup accept?
A: PathGroup accepts check, money order and credit card payment (via mail or phone). Checks should be addressed to PathGroup and include your account number. You may also pay your bill online by visiting our website at www.pathgroup.com and selecting the billing section.
Q: How do I contact Patient Billing Customer Service?
A: If you have any questions regarding your patient bill, you may call Patient Billing Customer Service at
877-456-6706 or 615-234-2591. Specific Customer Service hours are listed below:
Monday through Thursday – 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST
Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. CST
Q: What if I have a question regarding my statement?
A: Patient Billing Customer Service is available to answer questions regarding your statement at the telephone number listed above. You may also submit questions and/or insurance information by selecting the Billing link on our website, www.pathgroup.com.
Q: Why is my insurance information not reflected on my patient bill?
A: We rely on the referring physician, hospital or you to provide us with insurance information. If your insurance information is not reflected on your patient statement, please call Patient Billing Customer Service or visit the Billing link on our website, www.pathgroup.com to update.
Q: What happens if I do not have insurance?
A: PathGroup makes every attempt to work with patients to resolve any billing issues. Patients that have been verified as non-insured will be billed for services at a discounted rate. Full payment on the discounted amount is expected.
Q: How do I know if my insurance company has paid PathGroup?
A: If we have received insurance information, we will file a claim as a courtesy to the patient. Please review your bill carefully and make note of any adjustments made upon PathGroup’s receipt of insurance payment.
Q: What is your collection policy?
A: PathGroup makes every effort to work with patients to resolve any billing issues. If you have questions or would like to make payment arrangements, please contact Patient Billing Customer Service.
After multiple contact attempts, a final statement is sent to the patient alerting them that they have seven days to pay or make payment arrangements. If it becomes apparent that a patient does not intend to fulfill their financial obligation on the services provided, a collection or legal agency may be employed to resolve the outstanding debt.
Q: What is a deductible?
A: This is an amount your insurance plan requires you to pay out-of-pocket each year before they will begin to cover any of your medical expenses. If you have any questions about your deductible, please contact your insurance company directly.
Q: What is a co-insurance?
A: This is an amount you owe out-of-pocket according to your insurance carrier. For example, some insurance companies will pay at an 80% rate for any in-network medical services, but the remaining 20% is the patient’s responsibility to pay to the provider of services. This is called your co-insurance.
Q: Who do I contact about lab results?
A: Please contact the physician who ordered your laboratory testing for information regarding results.